2012 || A Year In Review

12.31.2012

I know a lot of you are new here.
I know a lot of you probably wonder what the heck do these people blog about.
I know a lot of you are probably like "These people are so silly, what posts should I read?! There are way too many good ones!"

Whether you thought one of the previous statements above or are D. None of the above or E. All of the Above we thought we would help you out. Here are our top posts from 2012 first in a list and then one from each month. Enjoy.

January: This is the month where I decided to start blogging. That is right it has almost been a WHOLE year. And at first Deidre was going solo. A lot of posts with no substance. Whatsoever. Just jokes. But my post on Virtue definitely started me into a good year. To prepare me for Miss Idaho, for assemblies, for marriage, and to be an example.


February: In February baseball season started. Which meant Adam was gone a ton. So I went to Idaho a few times to do assemblies for my Miss Idaho platform S.T.A.M.P. Out Bullying.


March: A lot more of baseball and pageanty. A trip to Portland to see my brother and go to some of Adam's games. Miss Idaho orientation and the Miss Idaho Outstanding Teen pageant. And of course, the ever popular Mustache March and March Madness.


April: A few more baseball games. A few more trips to Idaho to prepare for the pageant. And a change to win the lottery.... pretty much sums up April.


May: There was a lot going on this month. Lots of Miss Idaho preparations form walking to talent to raising money. ENGAGED [you can find the link below]! I got engaged. And that was the best moment of this month. And from here until wedding month. My time is pretty spent in wedding mode, pageantry, and work.


June: Miss Idaho and wedding planning. We also took our engagements and ordered out invitations.


July: I crowned the new Miss Magic Valley, had a bridal shower, and MORE wedding planning.


August: Marriage. Honeymoon. Nothing can top that. Moved into our first apartment.


September: Lots of football games. Which meant opportunities to eat cougar tails.


October: A very special birthday and birthday redo from my handsome husband. Halloween. Which means costumes.


November: Laid off from work. Found a new job. And Thanksgiving in Idaho!


December: A trip to California to spend our very first Christmas together. But not before opening some gifts here!


And then a few more for good measure!

The Obvious:
Our blog really picked up a ton as we were planning our wedding and getting married. So it didn't suprise us that some of our most popular 2012 posts had to do with just that. Marriage. Also... we wrote mostly about marriage and love and all that for a solid 4-5 months... so that made it obvious.

His Side Engagement
Her Side Engagement
His Side Marriage
Her Side Marriage
Wedding
Wedding Overload

The Not-So-Obvious:
This gems made it through all the marriage and love posts into the eyes of many viewers. They are the Aladins of the group... aka. The diamonds in the rough. Or... the rough in the diamonds, whatever way you want to look at it.

Claw Hand
Hair
Miss Idaho Prep
Dating Past
Melted Cake
Sleep Walker
Skinny

Have any posts that you liked on Love, The Skinnys in 2012? Most memorable? Most hilarious? Most ridiculous? What is the best post on your blog? Let us know so we can go check it out!

Love,
The Skinnys
Kirsten Wiemer said...

i always like the stories about weird sleeping things that happen. always make me laugh.

happy new year lady!

K

Brani Laine said...

D,

I am soooo thrilled for yours and Adam's success with this blog! I knew it would be a hit...and just look at y'all now! Almost 600 followers! I wish I had half the humorous writing skills you do! Happy New Year, dollface!

Brani Laine

sasha said...

What great recap! I feel like it was such a great crash course to dive into your blog and get to know you too, Deidre!

I'm excited to follow along! :)

xx



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.