Dear Melted Cake,

11.08.2012

First things first. I am guest posting over HERE today. Go check it out. Because I am teaching you the art of the funny face. If you haven't been able to tell yet, I prefer a funny over a serious. You do NOT want to miss it... I repeat, you do NOT want to miss it. It might just be the best funny face slash most hideous one yet.

Remember when I said, "Always check the over before turning it on."

And when Adam said, "The oven can be used as a perfect place for storage. With a lack of counter space, the oven becomes the next best place to store a recently made cake. Its becomes the worst storage place when the other person in the house doesn't realize that a cake is in the oven, and turns it on to preheat for dinner."

Well... take a look at this cake. Looks pretty normal, right?


Take a closer look.


Plastic wrap. Melted right into the cake! Which brings me back to the previous statement. ALWAYS check the oven before turning it on. I should know that since my grandma stores crackers in her over. What a waste of confetti frosting.

Love,
Deidre

P.S. Don't forget about the GIVEAWAY!
Kerri Andersen said...

ok so this reminds me of the first time i babysat. i cooked a frozen pizza on a plastic cutting board! it was a little bit more of a disaster than this one. :) haha

Tiffany Cutcliff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blue roses said...

i have little space in my kitchen, despite having a big apartment, which is totally aggravating, but i think you just convinced me oven storage is a bad plan!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Janette said...

Ugh! Same thing happened to me except I left the plastic lid of the pyrex on there so it got ruined..Food and lid..Ruined. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

♥Janette
http://janettethejongleur.blogspot.com

Kelsey Eaton said...

Haha! That is hilarious. Poor confetti cake...such a waste of such a wonderfully delicious food. :)

lauren said...

ha thats awful!!!! why am i laughing! thats so terrible of me. :)

Anonymous said...

This actually cracks me up. I don't know ANYONE else who uses their ovens for storage!

Susan Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Joy said...

Hahahaha! Didn't you just write a post the other day about Mr. Skinny leaving something in the oven and then you turned it on (or vice versa)? I'd diagnose this as a classic case of Ovenesia.

Chevron & Lace
http://suedrew.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

this is only extremely sad because that is my FAVORITE kind of cake.

Unknown said...

haha aweee sad wasted cake. Even MORE sad it was funfetti!!

LOVED your guest blog post at Brani's! That's tottaaally my husband and I together.

Excited to be your newest follower!
-Mikell
gordongoodlife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Too funny!! Hey are you going to the Gentri party Saturday? We should go together because I'm not feeling that long drive by my lonesome:)

Tina Byland said...

Oh no! This makes me so sad! I would have been pretty upset. That cake looks like it was yummy...



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.