How We Wore It: Summer Cool

8.04.2015

Another month, another how we wore it post! One of my favorite monthly collaborations - which now comes in two varieties... this one and the Styled by 5. Let me give you a little refresher on how this specific series works. All of us were given the same “inspiration outfit” and we were asked to create our own take on it once we let our creative juices flow. Any outfit can be inspired by the colors, the patterns, the pieces, or the textures is fine. So our how we wore it is coming from the inspiration side – with things we already have! Because not many people have the luxury to just go buy a new outfit based on what they see on Pinterest, so you have to work with what you have. First up is the look we used for our inspiration.
unnamed

When Brooke sent out this month's photo I was instantly inspired by the neutrals. A little something about my closet - everything is neutrals for the most part. Lots of tans, creams, blacks, and so on... it even extends to my bags. I think every purse I have purchased in the last five years has been a camel color. I am living on the edge, I know... ha! I am slowly introducing neons and brights into my wardrobe now though. But this Gal Meets Glam photo made me so happy because I love a good neutral toned outfit. And I had the perfect had to set it all off. So here it my Gal Meets Glam inspired outfit.
IMG_1781
IMG_1801
IMG_1812
IMG_1825
IMG_1783


Hat: Downeast Basics
Top: The Sewing Post
Undershirt: Downeast Basics
Skirt: SexyModest
Watch: Arvo
Shoes: Ross
Purse: Lily Jade - More to come on this bag! I am obsessed with it.

Okay, so I took it to the neutral extremes. Browns, tans, and creams only. I started with the hat and sunglasses. I went the tan route with my hat because I felt like it pulled up the color of the skirt I had in mind, to make it look more cohesive. Basically my goal was to get every item - other than my top - to match closely in color so that the eye would be drawn to the details in my lace top + the big sunglasses. So the skirt, hat, undershirt are all a simple tan and the shoes, purse, and watch are all a camel color. I wanted the lace detailing to stand out on the tans and I tied it up to give myself an accent waist. I don;t have a petite body like lots of fashion bloggers and models, so I create my own shape with how I style my clothing. The sunglasses are definitely a detail point because they are the darkest coloring of the whole outfit. It was a way to draw your eyes up to my face, rather than at my outfit. Do these outfits inspire you? How would you style a how we wore it outfit for this photo?

Now that you have taken my take on the look make sure you see what my friends came up with! A bunch of babes with styles all their own. And that is what makes this whole project awesome, and why I keep coming back! You can check them out here – Brooke at Silver Lining - make sure to visit Brooke's blog if you want to be a part of this series in a coming month / Jana at Bouvardian / Alexa at He and I / Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba / Brooklyn at A Little Too Jolley / Ashley at Absolutely Ashley / Danica at Danakin Skywalker / Rachel at Rachel Sayumi / Sharlee at My New Lines / Emma at Ever Emma / Stephanie at The Artist + The Architect / Kyla at FordOlogy / Kalyn at Geez Louise / Kallie at Life Through a Lens / Tayler at The Morrell Tale / Jessica at My Peanut Butter Problem / Bonnie at Life of Bon.


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.