Suede Skirt

2.03.2016

If you haven't caught onto the trend yet - I love adding unique pieces to my closet. So when I saw this suede skirt I knew that I had to have it. I have always been a fan of suede shoes - even though my mom tells me to avoid them because they are so easily ruined in the rain. This skirt just took my love for suede up a notch. When it came in the mail and I pulled it out to show Adam he said, "That looks like my Grandma's old couch... that she got rid of!" Needless to say, he wasn't a fan. But after I dressed it up he is starting to be a believer in suede too.





Top: Pink Blush
Shoes: DSW
Bracelet: Victoria Emerson - get 20% off your first purchase with the code emme20
Watch: Feral Watches
Earrings: Park Lane
Necklace: Eleventh Avenue

I had a hard time deciding how I wanted to style this skirt - there were a lot of directions I could go with it. After looking through my closet for options and having no clue which top I wanted to use, I flipped my thought process and started with the shoes. From there the rest was easy. I have these perfect heels that match the suede and with the black accents I knew I needed a black top. But all black seemed too dark for the weather so I decided to pair it with a black and white striped top with buttons down the back. And to stay with the warm tone of the skirt I paired it with my brown and gold Victoria Emerson bracelet, gold hoops, and a gold necklace. Then to add in one last texture and pattern I threw on my cheetah watch. Adam decided that suede wasn't so bad and I ended up wearing this outfit for about 4 different events within a week because I loved it so much. We are sold on suede - what about you? Would you add a suede skirt to your closet?


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.