Fashion Fits Everyone || Volume 26

5.09.2015


fashion-fits-everyone
"Standing at a tiny 4 feet and 8 inches tall and not being rail thin doesn't exactly make me the "model type". But it is what makes me... well, me! It hasn't always been easy accepting my body type, and I'm not going to lie, sometimes it is still a struggle. But I've learned that being different is such a beautiful thing! It makes my day when I hear from other short women who have found my blog, to hear that I have inspired them to try new things and think outside of the box, or even when it's just them telling me they can relate. It has definitely taken a lot... A LOT of trial and error to find "my style", I have had my fair share of cringe worthy outfits and frustrated shopping trips, but I feel like I have really come to understand who I am, what I like, and what looks good on my body. And bonus- short girls can wear all the cute dresses and skirts that tall girls cant. #shortgirladvantage

What is important to remember is that we have all had those moments of self-doubt and perhaps even self-loathing. The problem is when we feel we are the only one who has ever felt that way and we allow it to control our thoughts and actions. As women there is so much pressure on us to dress how the world believes we should. And while I am a supporter of leaving some things to the imagination, there is nothing I love more (when it comes to fashion) than seeing a woman dressed exactly how she wants. Dress for YOU, dress for YOUR personality, tell a story with your outfit, show the world who you are. Because when you do that, when you can express yourself with fashion and personal style- you will shine.

I'd say that my style is always growing, as we try different things we learn more about ourselves and can better understand who it is we want to be. There's nothing I love more than a beautiful sweater over some warm leggings and a hat. But that hasn't always been the case. When I was in High School I dressed very professional. I loved looking mature and business like... which is odd because my style and myself as a whole, has relaxed a lot since then, which seems backwards. But no matter where I am or who I want to be that day- I am dressing to match my mood. If you look back on my blog (please don't) you might find outfits full of color or patterns, and lately I can feel my style simplifying, almost. It's still definitely me, but as I've come to find myself- I can feel my personal style falling into place, as well.

So instead of leaving the "fashion" up to the models, let's remember that we all have to get dressed in the morning, so make it an enjoyable experience. Find what you love, find what you want to say, and put it on. Fashion is for everyone, make it fit for you."

-Gentri from Gentri Lee


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.