Beauty Secret

3.26.2015

Beauty Begins the Moment You Decide to Be Yourself Coco Chanel Quotes

This. Right here. This is what it is all about. With Pinterest and YouTube and everything else swirling around us, there is a lot of debate as to what is beautiful. But Coco Chanel said it best, "Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself." Because above everything else you are you and I am me, and that is beautiful.

There have been so many moments in my life that I have felt like if I just had hair like someone else or I just had the body of so and so, that I would be more beautiful. We all get caught in those traps. As women and as girls. But the times I have felt most beautiful and the times I shine the brightest are the times I am being me. The times I am cracking a joke in the back of a room, the times I am volunteering for something I care about, and the times I am supporting my husband. Those are the times when I feel most beautiful.

So if I can give you any advice... it is to be you. And be just that. Don't worry about what every other girl has. Sure there will always be things we want to change and want to improve upon, but that is because we are works in progress. There is always room for growth. There is always room for improvement. But that does not mean you should sit around and think bad things about yourself just because you can. Be confident with where you are and be confident with where you are going. And while you are working on becoming the best you, still be you! Be yourself and be beautiful.

This quote by Coco Chanel is everything to me right now. It is a daily reminder that my beauty begins the moments I decided to be myself. Whether I put my best foot or my worst foot forward, as long as me it is beautiful. Through success, through failures, through trials, through errors, and through the happiest moments of my life. Beauty comes from Deidre being Deidre. And beauty can come from you being you. Don't you forget it, darn it!


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.