Dressing for Spring

3.24.2015

My favorite thing about spring is you never know what the weather is going to be. You could be in boots in a sweater to battle the cold in the morning and by the end of the day you need a pair of shorts and sandals. I feel like it gives my closet a challenge to mix the spring with the winter all together so that if it is sunshine or rain I am good to go. One thing is for sure - hats, scarves, cardigans, and so on get their fair share as I try to balance out all the Mother Nature throws me.
 
Aro and Company Top
Blush Top
Aro&Co Blush Top
Aro and Company Blush Top




Hat: Downeast Basics
Top: Aro & Company c/o
Sweater: Pink Blush c/o
Jeans: Gap
Shoes: Forever Young Shoes

– Use DEIDREEMME10 on Aro & Company at checkout for a discount on your order–

I can remember one Spring Day in college where I learned this lesson first hand. Everyone was out walking with long sleeve or short sleeve tees, no sweaters, some in jeans and some in shorts, and then lots of sneakers and flats. It was warm enough that you could just chill in whatever but not warm enough to pull out all things summer. So as everyone was bopping around campus this HUGE storm came. Rain for days. Girls were complaining about their hair. Guys were trying to dodge the puddles in their mesh sneakers. And all I can remember is laughing because I hadn't done my hair that day anyway. But I also learned a valuable lesson - an umbrella or a hat plus a sweater and proper footwear can make all the difference in the Spring! Have you had to learn any dressing for Spring lessons the hard way like me?


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.