Fashion Fits Everyone. Volume 49.

1.15.2015

christmas eve

"One of my favorite quotes is “you have to look good, to feel good, to do good.” It’s so true! I feel my best and have more confidence in who I am when I am put together on the outside. A cute pair of shoes and a little mascara can change your whole day around! I try to look my best so that I can feel good about myself. It’s the easiest way to boost my spirit and its how I’m able to portray the person that I want to be.

I’m only 5’1 so I’ve definitely struggled over the years to learn how to dress for my height. Being short is tough! I try to focus on wearing outfits that make me appear taller – skinny jeans, high heels, anything that elongates my figure. That also means staying away from harsh prints or lines that cut me off and make me look even shorter. I’m pretty petite so I have to do a lot of tucking, hemming, or rolling to ensure items fit me correctly. If you are short – find a good seamstress and get your clothes tailored. It’s the best investment!

I like most things feminine and classic. Neutrals? I’m obsessed. My fashion style is not that crazy and that’s okay with me! There are a lot of things out in the fashion world that are trending that I don’t like. My advice? Don’t wear something just because other people are wearing it. Do you! You hate high waisted shorts? Don’t buy a pair. The flower crown is not your cup of tea? Don’t wear one. Make every outfit something you love that represents who you are.

Style is an individual journey and something that changes for everyone over time. Everyone’s style is their own and you can represent who you are through the outfits that you wear. That’s what I love above fashion – it helps me feel good and show people who I am and what I love. It can do that for you too. Just be you, stay true to your own taste, and have fun! And remember, a good outfit didn’t happen if you didn't take a picture in it."

- Karissa from Karissa and Company, Owner of Aro and Company

Interested in being a part of Fashion Fits Everyone? Email deidreemme@gmail.com with the subject Fashion Fits Everyone and we will get you scheduled.


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.