Fashion Fits Everyone || Volume 37

8.22.2014

Fashion Fits Everyone
"I have been blogging for years now, and from the very beginning of my blog I would post about fashion and style. Over the years I have seen blogging evolve and change, and with that, people's emotions regarding blogging. One might ask, “Why do you stand around in clothes and take pictures of yourself? Why have a blog dedicated to sharing your life, your favorite lipstick or your opinion? Who cares?”
I guess you could answer that as simply as looking at what this series is called, "fashion fits everyone." What is they key word there? Not fashion, not fits, but EVERYONE. Everyone wants to connect to something, to someone. Blogging is a way to connect in the shared human experience.
Deidre and I happen to both be Mormon. Such a hot topic these days, but stay with me if you will. One of the first things we’re taught as children are the Articles of Faith — 13 statements that summarize our fundamental beliefs. One of my favorite articles of Faith is number thirteen. Since blogging the last part of this article stands out to me.
"If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of  good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."
Blogs are a place for people to go to, to seek, to learn, to feel inspired. I believe that women are innately beautiful, just the way they are. So isn't it shallow and superficial of me to have a style and beauty blog? I think every woman has had a moment where the right shade of lipstick, or the perfect pair of fitted jeans boosted their confidence out the roof. But I don't think that happens just because they feel they look bomb but because whatever they added help them express themselves. They felt they were being seen how they should be, how they are. Fashion and make up is a form of art and it can help give us identity.
Being able to express yourself leads to confidence in who you are. Make up and clothes are just one of many ways to do this. That confidence is so important, because it is what propels us to make good decisions for ourselves, which results in a better life and happiness. In fact, it has been proven that those who take care of themselves and take pride in their appearance do well in life. It is no different than how what you watch, listen to, read, or the people you surround yourself ultimately affect you.
When I sat down to write this post I was surprised that this is what came out. Deidre kept this prompt very vague so I could take it wherever I wanted. She ultimately asked that I just write from the heart with no boundaries. I guess this is what was on my heart today.
Fashion fits everyone because everyone deserves to feel confident and be happy!"
- Alycia from Crowley Party
Interested in being a part of Fashion Fits Everyone? Email deidreemme@gmail.com with the subject Fashion Fits Everyone and we will get you scheduled.


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.