Mother's Day - Just A Day Late

5.13.2013

One year ago I wrote this for Mother's Day...

I just want to tell you thank you so much for everything you have done, you do, and that you will do in the future. I am so lucky to have a mom that is also my best friend. And I know every person in the world said that they have the best mom (seriously everyone on instagram said thank you to the best mom in the entire world) but you are the best! The best mom for me. Thank you for teaching me how to work hard and to not give up. Thank you for putting your heart and soul into you family. Thank you for keeping the importance of the gospel in our home. Thank you for talking to me on the phone in between almost every class while I was walking the BYU campus. Thank you for always supporting my dreams. Thank you for being on my side. Thank you for correcting me when I am wrong. Thank you for teaching me how to cook and bake. Thank you for going shopping with me. I probably don't tell you how much I appreciate and love you enough, but I do.

You are the perfect example of integrity, dedication, compassion, and loyalty is. You work hard. You always like to make jokes. You dress really nicely. You love your family. You love the gospel. You never give up. You support you husband and your children. You are an incredible woman and you have helped shape me into the woman I am today. I love you so much!


And a little after that I wrote this for my mother's birthday...

Everyone always says they have the best mom, and they are probably right. But I know one thing, I have the best mom for me. You really are the perfect woman to raise me. And I know you always worry I wont like it when people tell me I look just like you or I am just like you... but I love it. I can't wait to be half the woman you are. Because you are truly amazing. And you have more strength than you realize.

Thank you for being an example of hard work and of charity. Thank you for always teaching me to put my best foot forward. Thank you for teaching me the importance of listening to the spirit and of the gospel. Thank you for (as Linda would say) being so stylish. Thank you for working so hard to make sure your kids were always happy and enjoying life. Thank you for teaching me to speak my mind. Thank you for telling me to stand up for myself. Thank you for always being on my side. Thank you for marrying Dad and for showing me what true love it. Thank you for being my best friend and the woman I will always look to for everything.


One thing everyone should know is all of that still applies. And will always apply. I am so grateful for my mom. A woman that has taught me how to act with grace and humility since day one. And to always stand up for myself and work hard. Thank you for every single thing you do. For the visits, for the phone calls, for the help packing, moving, and organizing, and for being my friend.
 And of course, to celebrate a new woman in my life. Happy Mother's Day to my mother-in-law, Rhonda Miller.
Thank you for your friendship and for welcoming me into your family so warmly. I am lucky to have a mother in law that I enjoy spending time with and talking to. Thank you for raising your son in the most perfect way. Thank you for teaching Adam the importance of the gospel, to honor his priesthood, to work hard, to have fun, and to be happy. Thank you for raising your son to be the perfect man for me. 

Mothers are a special thing. Because without them, none of us would be here. Show appreciation, call them on the phone, give them hugs, and don't forget to say three simple words. I love you.

Love,
Deidre


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.