Dear 7 Questions,

9.05.2012

My friends and I went through a phase where we would sit and take photos of ourselves and say things like...
"Be a toaster!"
"Act like you are a rocket ship!"
"This time be a bunny!"
"JIVE face!"
"Show me the magic"
..... what the heck?
This photo followed the line, "Be a carrot!"


1. I say "Jump" You say ______.
Why?

2. What is your favorite flower?
Sunflowers. Or tulips. Are anything just really bright and pretty. In general I just love flowers. And lately I have been hearing lots of girls say, "I don't want flowers... they just die!" And that makes me sad. Because I LOVE flowers.

3. If you had to choose between having plumbing or electricity, which would you choose?
Plumbing. For sure. I try to not turn on the lights very much in general because paying for electricity is expennnnsive! Innovate. And learn to use your night vision people!

4. What is your go-to funny youtube video? (keep 'em clean)
Muffins... Always muffins... Banana. Shampoo. Imaginary muffin....

5. Do you think dreams mean something?
Nope. Because if dreams meant something I would have been attacked by killer clowns, won the lottery, someone would have filled my trunk with  wicker basket and then poured water in it (ask Adam about that one), my Mom would have broken her back at a slip'n'slide grocery store... or things similar to that. Usually my dreams come from what I ate, watched, or was thinking about.

6. Do you collect anything?
Fortunes from cookies was my big thing in high school... But now that I am married and have too many things I am moving away from the collectioning and moving towards throwing away every item I do not need. I guess I do have a collection of letters from Adam, does that count?

7. You're in a situation that is everything it should be. You're with the right people, in the right place, doing the right things, but it doesn't "feel" right... What do you do? 
Change it. Get out. Move on. Find something that is right. Want to know a fun story about something not feeling right? I had just graduated from college and was so excited to move into a single room in South Provo. I had a few friends out there and I was ready to live with and go to church with people that weren't in college anymore. I found a contract in the PERFECT place. It was a nice, new, non-shared room. And my friends were in the same neighborhood. Awesome. I signed. And I started moving in. The next day I felt SICK to my stomach. This was not right. Something was not right. I called my landlord to see if I could somehow get out of the contract I was so excited about the day before. We worked something out and he let me out of my contract. Back to the drawing board. Where to live? I kept thinking to myself, maybe UAC? Steph is at UAC... It looks nice... UAC was my original plan before everything else fell into place. So I went to look at UAC. ONE contract left. Called. Signed. Got it. It felt right. Next week I moved in. Three weeks later I met Adam. Two months into dating he told me that he went through a similar housing situation, he was supposed to live somewhere else but it just didn't work out. And now ten months later we are married and happy. Go with what feels right people!


Love,
Deidre
Gentri said...

I love your answer to number 7!! What an awesome experience. :)

I was only able to watch the first half of that video, it stopped working, and I couldn't fix it. Boo!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I never knew carrots were so animated ; ]

Sunflowers are my favorites too. And I do like tulips as well. Actually, you made a really good point about liking all flowers. What's not to love?

And that is a very sweet "do what feels right" story : ]

Unknown said...

I love your story!!! This is a perfect example of following your gut. I am a firm believer in following my gut.



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.