How We Wore It: Summer Workout

7.06.2016

Welcome to July. And with July comes another How We Wore It! In case you need a refresher, this is how it works. All of us were given the same “inspiration outfit” and we were asked to create our own take on it once we let our creative juices flow. Any outfit can be inspired by the colors, the patterns, the pieces, or the textures is fine. So our how we wore it is coming from the inspiration side – with things we already have! Because not many people have the luxury to just go buy a new outfit based on what they see on Pinterest, so you have to work with what you have. First up is the look we used for our inspiration.



So I picked this outfit for our July styling because I feel like summer is the time when most people dress down – whether they are working out or not they end up in yoga pants to go run errands, lounge around the house, or actually work out. I, for one, have been trying to utilize the summer months to work out more. But I am also one to wear my workout gear to baseball games, errands, and trips. So I decided this would be a fun look to run with!


Workout Top: Eleventh Avenue
Leggings: Old Navy
Sneakers: DSW
Hat: H&M
LipSense: Purple Reign

Alright – so I really wanted to add a colored accent like Looks for Lovelies had, but plot twist – I have no colored things for working out in. So I added the color to my lips with a little LipSense. I went with the greys and blacks theme all the way through. I was going to do more blacks with my grey black pattern legging, but the tied grey shirt just felt right. So I paired my workout look with my grey high tops and a black hat. And called it good! And then I really did workout in this outfit to teach my UJam class. Just saying!

Want to see more Looks for Lovelies inspired outfits? Check out how all these babes styled their look – Ruth from My Little Nest / Jenn from What You Make It / Kiana from Glitter & Donuts / Jessica fromMason Jars and Lemon Bars / Alyssa from Pinsent Life / Sierra from Sierra’s View / Madeline fromCaseyLand / Riley from Riley Jo Blog / Samantha from The Samantha Show / Jen from Jam tart boutique / Beverly from What a Day / Brooklyn from Brooklyn Jolley / Amber from Amber Nicole blogs / Erica from Good Job Momma / Shelbie from 365 With RyGuy and I / Jenn from Give This Girl Coffee / Kelsi from Lovestrong / Justine from Little Dove / Chelsea from Tessa Marie / Monica from It’s All About. Want to be one of the 15 How We Wore It stylists next month? Don’t forget to sign up!



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.