Styled by 5: NoVae Clothing

3.11.2016

We are nearing the halfway point in March - okay four more days, but still! Yesterday was Christmas... wasn't it? Whatever the case it is time for March's Styled by 5. This month we are sharing a twisted top from NoVae Clothing. I originally fell in love with NoVae for all the cute clothing she posted, but I stayed because her feed is always making my giggle. She is one of the only business owners I know that posts funny things to engage with her readers as much as her product. I love that about NoVae.


The day I picked up my top from Nickelle, the owner of NoVae, I made sure to wear it that night. I LOVED it. It was the perfect amount of comfort and dressy for my busy schedule. I prefer to look for items that look dressed up but are so comfortable that I can wear them all day – that seems to be a theme around here. I actually threw it on for the dance competition I was attending that night and was so happy with the look that it is what I ended up sharing today! I wanted a minimal undershirt so I put on my basic nude – one of the models on NoVae wore the pink with a pink undershirt and I really liked that look – and then to tie in the nude I wore my nude pumps. Since it was going to be a long day at the dance competition I threw on my boyfriend jeans. The day of the dance competition I wore my light wash and in this post I wore my dark wash. Looking back, I think I preferred the lightwash for this look – you can see what I am talking about on Instagram. Overall the top is a win in my book and in the last month I have worn it four times.


Undershirt: Downeast Basics
Shoes: Payless

Since we are all sharing the same piece on a different body type here is a reminder of my sizing – I am 5’9″ and I generally wear a 10/12 – 10 on a good day, 12 on a not good day… you understand, right? So I ordered this top in a large. Since it is a looser top I probably could have gone up or down depending on how baggy I wanted it – but overall I liked the fit of the large on me. I love sharing my style with you, but I also want you to see clothing I style in other body types so you can find what is best for you. So feel free to check out how Kaylynn, Bethany, Jacque, and Alexis styled this outfit as well! And watch for a new piece of clothing styled by 5 every month.


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.