Why We Need a Savior

12.24.2015

Every year The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints does a Christmas campaign. This year the whole focus was around "A Savior is Born". Sometimes there is so much focus around the gifts and the goodies of the season, but there is so much more than that. Christmas is about our Savior and all He did for us. And sometimes that is easy to forget - with all the shine and sparkle around us. It is easy to forget Him and forget all He did for us. So this year, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints decided to remind us all - believers and non believers - as to why we need a Savior.


I know, with my whole heart, that He lived. That He lived and died for me and for you and for all of us. He paid the ultimate price so that we, as brother and sisters, could live again with our Father in heaven. And I am forever grateful for what our Savior did. That I can get through the pain, that I can push past my trails, and there is so much hope on the other side of every mountain I have to climb. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. And like I said, sometimes it is easy to forget... but as we are entering Christmas week we cannot forget. Let us try to emulate Him and all He did for us. Let us be charitable. Let us be giving. Let us be compassionate. And let us praise our Savior. Merry Christmas. And thank you to a loving brother, Jesus Christ.


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.