How We Wore It: Holiday Plaid

12.09.2015

You know what time it is!? It is how we wore it outfit post time! I know you have been seeing a lot of these collaborations on my blog, but it is because I love love love them and all they offer to my closet – plus I participate in two collaborations now - this one and the Styled by 5. Let me give you a little refresher on how this specific series works. All of us were given the same “inspiration outfit” and we were asked to create our own take on it once we let our creative juices flow. Any outfit can be inspired by the colors, the patterns, the pieces, or the textures is fine. So our how we wore it is coming from the inspiration side – with things we already have! Because not many people have the luxury to just go buy a new outfit based on what they see on Pinterest, so you have to work with what you have. First up is the look we used for our inspiration.



The photo this month was perfect for me and my current fashion mood. The coloring, the styling, everything. It just speaks to me because literally everything Miss Shanna is wearing is pretty much what I wear all the time now that the weather has gotten colder and the air crisper. When I was picking out my outfit I put on one thing and then brought a few cardigans and scarves just in case because I really couldn't decide which way to go with the inspiration. So after a lot of debating and swapping out of items, here is my Because Shanna Said So look.











Scarf: NoVae
Cardigan: Old Navy
Dress: Downeast Basics (similar)
Tights: Costco (similar)
Booties: Nordstrom Rack
Purse: Lily Jade

So basically - at this point, the only thing I am missing is Shanna's incredible leopard jacket... which I really want now! I am all about that animal print. But for my outfit I decided to go all darks with my clothing and mix in the brown tones and colors in my accessories and shoes. I threw on some opaque tights with my simple black dress. Since my black dress is a fit and flare, I wanted to add some winter bulk to make the outfit look a little more cozy. So I added my boyfriend cardigan to give it more of that bundled up feel. To add some dimension I paired it with my red blanket scarf and two tone booties. And then my camel colored bag was the perfect addition to add one more layer of color. What I really loved about Shanna's outfit was how professional and comfortable it looked - so that is the direction I went with my outfit. Plus it is the perfect layering outfit. I actually wore this to work the day I took photos - so I started with all the items on, but as the office heated up I was able to remove the scarf and then cardigan to feel comfortable, but could throw them back on to walk outside which was perfect for this winter weather we have.

Now that you have taken my take on the look make sure you see what my friends came up with! A bunch of babes with styles all their own. And that is what makes this whole project awesome, and why I keep coming back! You can check them out here – Brooke at Silver Lining / Robin at Penn & Quill / Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba / Maren at Maren and Co / Brielle at Breezy and Co / Eden at We Are Worth Saving / Bekah at These Are The Days / Tayler at The Morrell Tale / Jessica at Mason Jars and Lemon Bars / Sharlee at My New Lines / Berkley at Berkley Anne / Jennifer at The Pepper Express / Alexa at He and I / Hannah at Hannah Rae / Rachel at Rachel Sayumi / Hannah at My Life as a Baseball Bride / Amy at Harris Inc. / Brooklyn at Brooklyn Jolley / Stephanie at The Artist + The Architect / Charlene at From Bisons to Buckeyes / Justine at Little Dove Creations / Jennifer at Jennifer Sikora / Paige at The Happy Flammily / Bonnie at The Life of Bon / Sarah at My For Real Life / Kyla at FordOlogy / Riley at Riley Jo Blog / Shelbie at R+S Brereton / Megan at Diary of This Girl / Sierra at Sierra's View / Emma at Ever Emma / Danica at Danikan Skywalker. And if you want to join in on the fun next month make sure to go visit Brooke at Silver Lining. What would you use to style an outfit inspired by Because Shanna Said So? What direction would you take?


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.