Nickel and Suede

10.20.2015

This post is a very, very long time coming. I actually had all these plans to show you my favorite accessories. I started out the first of the series saying this, "If you have been seeing my fashion posts for awhile, you have probably noticed I don’t accessories a lot. Lots of fashion bloggers will make sure every outfit is decked out with watches, earrings, purses, jewelry, rings… so on and so forth. But when I decided to fashion blog I decided not to pretend to be something other than what I am on a daily basis. I don’t wear a lot of different jewelry. I don’t swap out my earrings every day based on what color my top is. And there are lots of days that I just put on my wedding band and my watch. So when I find an accessory I love, I want to share it with EVERYONE! And so for the next few weeks I am going to introduce you to a few of my favorite accessories that one I got them, I couldn’t stop wearing them… which is saying a lot."

While that whole thing is still true - I want to share things with you - I took a little blogger break and am just now getting back on track. So now I am here and SO excited to share with you my latest earring obsession. I am a huge fan of dangle earrings, big earrings, bold earrings - but often times they are too heavy or too much for my sensitive ears so they come off within a few hours. I stick to studs. But then at Alt this summer I was introducing to Nickel and Suede and I am in LOVE! Check them out with this outfit I wore to Miss America's Outstanding Teen - on a very humid and foggy day, awesome photo effect, right?













Earrings: Nickel and Suede
Dress: Eshakti
Shoes: Cousin Couture


Earrings are stunning, right?! Well the best part about them is how lightweight they are. And why are they so lightweight you ask? Because they are leather earrings. Amazing! I honestly cannot say enough good things about this earrings. I was able to wear them all night with no issue. They were just like having in studs. I was so excited to get them too because they added some flare to the all black outfit I was looking to wear. I has been wanting some bold gold earrings - but generally the metal is a killer. I am so grateful for these lightweight leather earrings. Okay. I would keep praising and praising, but I think you are getting the idea. They are perfection for anyone looking for something light for a night out.

I paired my Nickel and Suede earrings with my favorite leather lace little black dress - is there are leather theme going on here - and my black bow shoes - each item I wore had a played down element of uniqueness to it. But since it was monochromatic I was able to throw them all in one outfit. Then the red lips and gold earrings were really able to pop. Hair pulled back to really let the earrings shine. And I called it a night! What is your favorite detail in the outfit? Would you ever want to try out some leather earrings?


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.