How We Wore It: Darker Fall Tones

10.28.2015

Another month, another how we wore it post! One of my favorite monthly collaborations – which now comes in two varieties… this one and the Styled by 5. Let me give you a little refresher on how this specific series works. All of us were given the same “inspiration outfit” and we were asked to create our own take on it once we let our creative juices flow. Any outfit can be inspired by the colors, the patterns, the pieces, or the textures is fine. So our how we wore it is coming from the inspiration side – with things we already have! Because not many people have the luxury to just go buy a new outfit based on what they see on Pinterest, so you have to work with what you have. First up is the look we used for our inspiration.

unnamed

So last month I missed the How We Wore It post because I just struggle sometimes and didn't sign up. Which meant this month I was jumping at the gun to get going. I loved, loved, loved this look Brooke picked out because I am a huge fan of dark tones and neutrals. I actually had a handful of options to wear but decided to do with something that I felt was more unique to me. So here is my StyleLovely look.

nfpX6BqeFmbWZRKC9rvBzMw-Elkwhk2TBpIfargV9Xc
4er9J4CL_ZHvV3mFqlImuhPkYZmEmBsIWDoUv_OYJ7U
MRpk9_erhVpT_IqcbRJvzkcmsixv8Mc_Z7jScyAOcvU
juEdygJTxW4fpAjVXgmjEc2_dGIt2E7pbQF8nvTbHEI
RKvYsRyygHDSjUdrvuC2dm-5hwyOBbpy5ASQCyOwe7g

Cardi Blazer: NoVae
Top: Lucy and Lyla
Black Jeans: Old Navy
Necklace: Eleventh Avenue
Booties: Francescas

I decided to stick with the black theme of her outfit - I did however forget my sunnies, which I was so bummed about. I started with my black skinny jeans just like hers and decided to replace the white and black plaid with a cream top and black overlay. It is getting cold where I live, so layers win. And also boots win. I covered up my feet with some black booties. Basically for me, I wanted to stick with as much black as possible with a little accent color - or neutral tone as it would look like - underneath. And than I jazzed it all up with a statement necklace. And sadly, no sunnies. How would you interprut StyleLovely's dark tones?

Now that you have taken my take on the look make sure you see what my friends came up with! A bunch of babes with styles all their own. And that is what makes this whole project awesome, and why I keep coming back! You can check them out here – Brooke at Silver Lining / Alexa at He and I / Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba / Hannah at Hannah Rae / Sierra at Sierra's View / Sharlee at My New Lines / Berkley at Berkley Anne / Amy at Harris Inc. / Brooklyn at Brooklyn Jolley / Amy at Lamb & Ivy / Autumn at Stay Gold Autumn / Brielle at Breezy and Co / Riley at Riley Jo Blog / Maren at Maren and Co / Tori at The Doing Things Blog / Kyla at FordOlogy / Megan at Diary of This Girl / Robin at Penn & Quill / Justine at Little Dove Creations / Bekah at These Are The Days / Lex at What Life Brings / Shelbie at R+S Brereton / Jennifer at Jennifer Sikora / Sarah at My For Real Life / Rachel at Rachel Sayumi. And if you want to join in on the fun next month make sure to go visit Brooke at Silver Lining to get signed up!


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.