The Four Points of the Crown: Success

9.11.2015

And now onto the final point of the Miss America crown. The final point which I think combines all of the previous points and brings them to a final thought. Success. The fourth "S" stands for where you see yourself at the end of the day. In many interviews, I have been asked, "What does success mean to you?"

I have taken a lot of time to reflect on that, not only because it is a point of the crown and not because I needed a good answer for my interviews... but because I need to have my own definition of success for all of my future endeavors. That way I have something to aim for. At first I thought it was winning. Coming in first. Being the best person, no matter what the job was. And being recognized for my hard work. But now I realize that success is so much more than that.
Miss America Four Points of the Crown
Four Points of the Crown
Miss America Four Points of the Crown
Miss America Four Points of the Crown Success
Miss America Four Points of the Crown
Four Points of the Crown







Success is coming home at the end of the day and knowing that I did my best and that I learned something new. Most of all that I am prepared to take those learnings and become a better woman. The Miss America Organization is all about helping women improve. The women that compete become successful not because they are pretty or smart or have a rocking bog. They become successful because they learn more about themselves. They learn how to interview. They learn sportsmanship. They learn what it means to be in a sisterhood and build bonds and relationships. The Miss America Organization pushes women to become academically achieved, creatively accomplished, healthy, and involved. It encourages every lady to become a well rounded individual.


I know that I am a better women today because of this program. And that is a success. I have learned. I have grown. I have seen my flaws and I have worked to fix them. I can be a better wife, volunteer, friend, and role model because of my time in the organization. I want to continue that legacy moving forward by giving what I have learned to the ladies competing now. And that is why I choose to compete. Because if I can share my successes - whether they come from winning or failing and learning - then I am doing just what the program pushes everyone to do. If I can contribute back to the program that gave me so much, then that is a success. And I am happy to be doing it.


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.