How We Wore It: Keepin' it Casual

6.24.2015

Another month, another how we wore it post! This is one of my favorite monthly collaborations. Let me give you a little refresher on how this works. All of us were given the same “inspiration outfit” and we were asked to create our own take on it once we let our creative juices flow. Any outfit can be inspired by the colors, the patterns, the pieces, or the textures is fine. So our how we wore it is coming from the inspiration side – with things we already have! Because not many people have the luxury to just go buy a new outfit based on what they see on Pinterest, so you have to work with what you have. First up is the look we used for our inspiration.



I have to tell you, when this little diddy showed up in my inbox I was PUMPED beyond pumped. Because outfits like this have been my go to on the weekends and at baseball games. Especially since Adam surprised me with a pair on converse my last time visiting him. I put my little twist on the outfit though because I do not own any camo - and while some it looks darling on, I am not one of them... so I don't think I ever will own camo either. So here is my outfit inspired by Robyn!



I stayed with the theme - sneaks, jeans, tee, and hat. Obviously my hat will be Diamondbacks since we are a Diamondback people in our home. I was a little worried mixing two reds - but I felt like I had to because this tee is my go to lately. I feel like a walking protest wearing the shirt. It is oddly empowering. Sometimes I get a lot of smiles and sometimes people just look at my like what the heck? But I am in love with my Fight the New Drug tee. Comfy with a message. Sounds like a win to me. So red on red paired with jeans and my converse. Basically a color twist on the classic inspiration. Do these outfits inspire you? How would you style a how we wore it outfit for this photo?

Now that you have taken my take on the look make sure you see what my friends came up with! A bunch of babes with styles all their own. And that is what makes this whole project awesome, and why I keep coming back! You can check them out here – Brooke at Silver Lining / Megan at And Here's to You, Mrs Robinson / Sierra at Sierra's View / Sharlee at My New Lines / Laura at Sincerely, Laura / Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba / Kaycie at Redhead Memories / Kyla at FordOlogy / Stephanie at The Artist + The Architect / Danica at Danakin Skywalker / Tayler at The Morrell Tale / Jessica at My Peanut Butter Problem / Emma at Ever Emma / Kalyn at Geez Louise / Bonnie at Life of Bon / Rachel at Rachel Sayumi.


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.