How We Wore It: Summer Pleats

5.27.2015

It is officially time for May's how we wore it post! Let me give you a little refresher on how this works. All of us were given the same “inspiration outfit” and we were asked to create our own take on it once we let our creative juices flow. Any outfit can be inspired by the colors, the patterns, the pieces, or the textures is fine. So our how we wore it is coming from the inspiration side – with things we already have! Because not many people have the luxury to just go buy a new outfit based on what they see on Pinterest, so you have to work with what you have. First up is the look we used for our inspiration.
 
unnamed

Alright... so I know it says pleats. And I totally had a great pleat outfit brewing in my brain. But then I went to Alabama to visit the husband and forget what I needed for the pictures so I am pulling an outfit from the archives that was inspiration from a similar neutral outfit. But I feel like it goes well and still applies - even without the pleats. Chambray is my jam. And I love wearing it with whites and nudes. Something about a low key, soft colored palette just does it for me. So I love to pair my chambray with white pants, skirts, and shorts + gold accents. And this outfit was no different.
U-By-Kotex-1-650x975
U-By-Kotex-3-650x974
U-By-Kotex-6-650x974U-By-Kotex-2-650x975

Pants: Target (similar)
Top: Gap
Shoes: Targetc/o
Short Necklace: Lisa Leonardc/o
Long Necklace: The Shine Project
Earrings: Cents of Stylec/o
Bracelet: Jane

And just because I love you... I feel like you should see the outfit I had originally planned on too. I paired my chambray pictured above with my mint pleat skirt, some floral shoes, and my mint teardrop necklace for some extra drama. A simple color palette and the most comfortable outfit for a busy day at work.
 
IMG_0902

So there you have it - an outfit inspired by neutral palettes and an outfit inspired by summer pleats. I will make sure I put this summer pleats outfit to good use in a future outfit post so you can get a feel for the whole ensemble. And next month I swear I will not plan a vacation around the time of that What We Wore series so I can actually accomplish a decent post for you, my friends.

Now that you have taken my take on the look make sure you see what my friends came up with! A bunch of babes with styles all their own. And that is what makes this whole project awesome, and why I keep coming back! You can check them out here – Brooke at Silver Lining \  Megan at And Here's to You, Mrs Robinson \ Sierra at Sierra's View \ Brooklyn at A Little Too Jolley \ Laura at Sincerely, Laura \ Aubrey at Dreaming About Someday \ Kaycie at Redhead Memories \ Kyla at FordOlogy \ Kallie at Life Through a Lens \ Ashley at Absolutely Ashley \ Stephanie at The Artist + The Architect \ Danica at Danakin Skywalker \Tayler at The Morrell Tale \ Jessica at My Peanut Butter Problem \ Paige at The Mrs and Momma Bird \ Bonnie at Life of Bon


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.