How We Wore It: Suburban Faux-Pas

12.09.2014

Today I am joining in on a fun little project with a lovely group of ladies. I am sure you have seen those outfit posts where someone recreates a look they love from a celeb of some sorts. Well, we are doing that with our own little twist! Fashion is fun because other looks inspire you. Sometimes it is something you want the EXACT look - the hat, the shoes, the necklace, etc. And sometimes you just see a look that inspires you to design something based on a specific item like hats or shoes or a pattern like buffalo plaid or stripes. Any outfit can be inspired by the colors, the patterns, the pieces, or the textures is fine. So our how we wore it is coming from the inspiration side - with things we already have! Because not many people have the luxury to just go buy a new outfit based on what they see on Pinterest, so you have to work with what you have. First up is the look we used for our inspiration.



The very first things that stood out to me were the hat and the plaid shirt. Mostly because those items have both been on my "obsessed" list this holiday season. I got a similar hat about a month ago and have been living in it. You have probably seen it on me in a handful of Instgram photos. And the plaid just screams fall. And so it is a must. So I took those two items and worked it in with all the things already in my closet, which is mostly made up of black items because... it is what it is. And here is the look I put together!











Top: Target
Pants: Gap
Booties: Francescas
Hat: Arrow and Co
Belt: Gap
Necklace: Lucy&Lyla c/o

You can check out the other ladies and their Suburban Faux-Pas inspired outfit. Let me tell ya, this is a good list of ladies! So I would definitely swing by to see what they have got for you.

Brooke at Silver Lining | Kaycie at Redhead Memories | Meghan at King and Ford | Krystle at Krystle, Darling | Sierra at Sierra's View | Alexa at He and I | Danica at Danican Skywalker | Kyla at Fordology | Bri at Breezy Days | Aubrey at Dreaming About Someday | Megan at And Here's To You, Mrs. Robinson


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.