Thanksgiving

11.27.2014

I didn't participate in any of the Thanksgiving challenges this year. Not because I am ungrateful or un-thankful, but because I felt like it was something I needed to step away from. To really think about what I am thankful for and how I could have a heart of Thanksgiving rather than a month of Thanksgiving. There are so many things in this world to be grateful for. So many things that are taken for granted every single day. And in any instance a complaint can be turned into a prayer of gratitude. That is something I have realized. Those moments when my feet hurt from walking around at events all day. I am grateful I have a wonderful job that I love, even in the crazy times, and I am grateful to have feet so I can walk around all day. The days when I am so tired that I don't want to go to the gym. I am grateful that not only do I have a gym 1 minute from my home, but that I am able to have a body that I need to take care of. The times when I get super annoyed with my phone because I have poor reception. I am grateful that I have a cell phone that connects me through call and through text to family and friends within seconds.



There are a lot of things I am incredibly grateful for. But I am not going to list them. Those are personal prayers from my heart. And I am every day grateful for something new in my life. I have taken it upon myself to turning my complaints into thanks giving. Every day. Not just in November. So my challenge to you this day? Say thank you to your loved ones, to your God, and to whoever else you need to. Remember the simple moments and give thanks for that. Make Thanksgiving a part of your every day. Turn your bad moments into the best moments. And be grateful every day for the things you do have, even if sometimes there seems to be fewer things to be thankful for, there will always be something.


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.