Home Is Wherever I'm With You

1.10.2014


Last June Adam got drafted. And three days later he was gone. Off to Arizona and then to Montana for his start at professional baseball. I stayed in Utah to work. With a good job and good friends, it seemed like the best option. So from June until October we lived apart. Yeah, it was hard. It was tough. I would always have people telling me I was so strong and they didn't know how I did it. But let me start by saying, I don't regret a second of it. Adam was living his dream and I was able to support him in that by staying in Utah to work. And I got to see him at least once a month while we were apart. On Sunday he went back to Arizona for his throwing program and he is officially starts his Spring Training on January 30th. But this time, I am going with him!

That is right! The Skinnys are MOVING to Arizona. I am extremely nervous and also really excited. I cannot wait to have more months with my husband. He will still be gone for months in the summer to play where he is assigned, but I get to live with him in Arizona during the off season, spring training, and fall ball! That gives us at least three extra months together. I was offered a new position at a Marriott property in downtown Phoenix as the banquet manager - so the opposite side of events from what I am doing now. Adam and I will be living at the hotel for a few weeks while we search for an apartment, but we are hoping to get a two bedroom so come visit us and we will have a place for you to stay! 

I am really going to miss Utah. I have been living here for the last six and a half years. I've had the best memories, made incredible friends, and I am going to miss it all. But it is a new chapter for us and I cannot wait to see what this adventure brings! So come say your good byes, because we will be out of Utah by the end of the month!
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn @ What You Make It said...

Wow, what a big change! Good luck with your move! And I didn't know you did events, totally want to hear more about that. I'm doing events now, but trying to figure out where I want it to go.

Unknown said...

I've been following your blog for awhile now & that is so exciting to be moving to Arizona! That is where I am from! You will love it! The summers can be a little HOT ;) but there is so much to do!!

Kimberly said...

So exciting!!! And I have to say I'm super jealous. My husband and I are not Utah weather people, we have been wanting to move to AZ for a while now. :)

Ashley Eliza said...

I am so sad but so excited for you guys! That is awesome! And yes, I will have to take you up on that visiting offer ;) We must watch bach soon.. next week?? xoxo

Ashley Eliza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Sayumi Porter said...

oh my gosh!! I am happy and sad at the same time. So glad you get to be with Adam more, and I really like AZ! (went there for Christmas!)

We've gotta party before you go, okay?!!?!

Derekandmerileespeigner said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Pamela said...

Oh wow!! Soo happy for you two!!

Aubrey Zaruba said...

I don't know what to start planning first..the goodbye party or the trip to Arizona. I'm so so so sad you're leaving, but I'm so happy you get to spend more time with Adam. Spring training here I come.

Kelsey Eaton said...

I knew it! Congrats! That will be such an exciting adventure!!

Bree said...

FUN! I know its hard leaving behind what you know but you guys are gonna have a blast. :) Can't wait to read about your adventures!

Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

So exciting!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats to you and Adam! We are going to have to get together once I move down too. And Matt and I have talked about going to some spring training games....we will have to plan this :)

Brooke said...

Congrats, this sounds like a way better plan than before! Also you will LOVE arizona. It's a B in the summer, but it's so gorgeous the rest of the year. Also, it's Mexican food heaven. And you can't hate that :)

Unknown said...

Ah, congratulations! Where in AZ? That's where I'm from...you will love it!



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.