Beanie Babies

1.17.2014


So clearly I have always liked Beanie Babies. Apparently I liked blue camo shirts too? But that is besides the point.  liked Bea But yes, Beanie Babies. I loved. I gave them for gifts. I got them for gifts. I saved up my allowance to buy them. And sometimes I could get my mom to just buy them to buy them. I think I ate happy meals every week when they had the mini version of them. One of the best Christmas gift memories I have outside of family is a Beanie Baby. My best friend down the road spent months on eBay bidding for the black panther Beanie Baby for me. That is what I call friendship.

And I bought and I bought and I put on tag protectors. And I saved them. And I stored them. And I was VERY very careful when I played with them. Just to put them back in their box and slide it under my bed. I was careful because I swore that is how I was going to pay for college. Those Beanie Babies were my trust fund! So imagine how upset I was when they lost all their value when Ty decided to "stop making them" only to keep making them. Well the other day I saw an article about their worth. It looks like it might be time to dig through those boxes, which are still under the bed, and make some sweet cash! Did you collect Beanie Babies? Have you been holding on to yours in hopes of money someday? It looks like it might be time for us all to cash in.
Jennie said...

Haha! I clicked on the article and I have that Princess Di First Edition Beanie Baby. I bought it for $10 at a garage sale when I was really young. Maybe I'm super rich now? No, I read the comments on the article and it looks like although people are asking 100 grand, no one has bid on them yet. Maybe I can make a couple hundred dollars though off my collection. ;) Hahaha.

Brita said...

hah. My brother and I (like most kids of our generation) got super into Beanie Babies. At some point not too long after the fad started, we got rid of all of them. I might have one or two left somewhere at my parent's house.

http://bbritnell.blogspot.com/

Danielle said...

Hah! Oh beanie babies! I collected them and put tag covers on them. I remember looking through my collectors manual and seeing how much they would be worth in 2000 (alas, did not happen)!
Danielle
Danielleatpurejoy.blogspot.com

Jenn, hellorigby.com said...

Apparently the original American Girl dolls are worth big bucks too, depending on their condition and which one(s) you have!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/leonoraepstein/how-much-is-an-original-american-girl-doll-worth

I'm still waiting for all my non-rare Beanie Babies to be in high demand...

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Oh my! I had hundreds and hundreds of them. They are at my mom's house somewhere. I hope they are in good condition... just because they were so cute.

Unknown said...

Hahahahahah I love that you did this! I saw your post on Facebook about it and the first thing I did was call my mom! And this picture is cracking me up! We look good!

Budget Splurge Beauty said...

hahaha omg I know I used to have a TON the question is where did they go? Because I know we didn't get rid of them...hmm...and I have that princess diana one! And I had the black panther one, I remember I convinced my grandpa to buy it for me because it was more expensive than the rest but he didn't know that. LOL



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.