2014 Word of the Year

12.31.2013


Every year I set a bunch of resolutions. And every year I remember about two of them and the rest fall to the side, completely forgot until I start to resolve for the next year. I have been thinking a lot about what goals I want to set for the next year and how I want to plan to reach them. And over and over I have been reminded that the goals I have set to accomplish in the past have been forgotten.

So this year I decided to pick one word to apply to the following year. My word this year is simple. Happy. For 2014 my goal is to be happy. That seems like a give in. Happiness is a natural thing, and generally I am very happy. And I used to pride myself on being very optimistic. But in the last year, I blame the birth control, I have found lots of reasons to be hard on myself and have become what I like to call a "realist". Always pointing out flaws, bad moments, and so on... all while being happy. This year I am going to be happy and grateful and all the things I used to pride myself on. Whether it comes to my body image, my time away from my husband, the hard days at work... there are lessons to be had and good memories around the corner. So I am choosing to be happy. One hundred percent of the time. What plans have you made for the new year? What are your goals for 2014?
Jessa @ Life of A Sports Wife said...

I am using the word, better. Just be a better person, friend, blogger, etc in this upcoming year. There are a lot of things going on & using this year as year to guage how my husband and I move forward.

Amberly said...

That's a great word choice! I'm trying to narrow mine down this week! :)

Pamela said...

Happy is a great word to choose for 2014!!! I'm ready for lots of happiness! :)

Unknown said...

Happy sounds pretty darn good!! My word is 'simplicity' :)

Unknown said...

I am just like you most of my goals fall to the way side! I am dteremined this year to live a healthier life style! I am so glad I found your blog! I just started mine and would love if you followed me back!
xoxo
Kendra
http://fashionstylingbykendra.blogspot.com/

Amy Harris said...

great word! love the simplicity :)

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

My word is perseverance!

Robinsen Clerk said...

This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject.



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.