Sister Missionary Fashion

10.01.2013

Today starts October. Which brings one of my favorite moments of the year. General Conference for my church. Over my years of watching conference I have heard more pieces of advice and counsel than I would have ever thought applicable. It is so incredible to me how in tune these men are with the spirit. One of the most recent announcements changed the dynamics of the LDS church forever. One year ago The Church of Jesus Christ made an incredible announcement. The required age for men and woman to become missionaries would be lowered. Men can serve at 18 (instead of 19) and woman at 19 (instead of 21), it was incredible to see the instant change within the youth of the church. In fact, so many young men and women decided to put in their papers to serve so quickly, the church had to build a second missionary training facility in Provo, UT!
Well with that many more missionaries comes more need for stores to buy missionary items. Previously, there have been incredible amounts of men's stores. Because, let's be honest, the mission field was made mostly of young men. But recently a lot of stores for Sister missionaries have opened up, and I am going to share one with you today.

Sister Missionary Fashion's mission statement reads, "Sister Missionary Fashion has the cutest apparel for sister missionaries and our stylish line of clothing is available at affordable prices. Finding beautiful, missionary-appropriate clothing doesn’t have to be difficult. When it comes to dressing like a missionary, you have some unique guidelines to follow, and maybe even a tight budget. At Sister Missionary Fashion, we make your shopping experience enjoyable by bringing you clothes that are modest, stylish, and just what a sister missionary needs." Their clothing is trendy, comfortable, and affordable. Here are a few of my favorites.

And while being fashionable doesn't make you a great missionary. And it most definitely is not a requirement to serve. It would be a lie if I said that these young women didn't care. This is a solid 18 months of their life, and just like any woman, they want to look good. And they want to feel confident and comfortable as they go to share the word of the gospel.

I am so grateful for the gospel, I am so grateful to these men and women that took on the opportunity to serve, and I am so grateful for an opportunity to listen to a living prophet this weekend. I'll be sharing more details on conference for the LDS church on Friday including how you can listen, why The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints holds conference twice a year, and anything else you want to know. If you have a question do not hesitate to ask!

 photo discoveringjanae720x100_zps07d71e91.jpg
Stephanie Shaw said...

The missionary age change was actually one year ago! It was announced during the Saturday morning session last October.

bonbon said...

I would have loved this SO much when I was going on my mission. It is really incredible how much the clothing for sister missionaries has changed in just five years. I'm totally jealous.



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.