Dear Ice Cream Cake,

3.05.2012

Well. Someone requested ice cream cake and then I decided I wanted it too.... I told you, I am easily persuaded to a yummy treat. So I made a whole cake yesterday for one delicious piece. And I could really only have one piece.... because I love myself, and I hate myself, but my diet starts tomorrow... Just kidding. But I am serious at the same time because I really am stepping away from sugar. It makes me feel sort of sick. But I love it so Adam will still be eating treats and I might be taking one bite every now and again so I don't binge on those crazy days. Especially with all the Easter (Cadbury Mini Eggs and Reese's Eggs) candy coming out... I need to put a stop to it now. Drawing my line in the sand when it comes to treats.



ICE CREAM CAKE

The Oreo Crust...
One package of Oreos
1/4 Cup butter

Crush up all the Oreos (a blender is easiest) and layer at the bottom of 9"x13" pan
Melt the butter and poor evenly over all the Oreos
Press the crust so it is even across the bottom of the pan
You cake bake the crust if you want, but it is not necessary (9 minutes at 350 degrees)

The Rest of the Cake...
1 Jar of Caramel Sauce
Half Gallon of Ice Cream (Pick what you want... I used Chocolate Chip)

Poor the entire jar of caramel sauce on the Oreo crust and put in freezer to harden for 10-15 minutes
Take the ice cream out of the freezer when you put the cake in so it is thawing and easier to spread
Once the caramel sauce has stiffened take the cake out and smooth the ice cream over the entire cake and put it back in the freezer

After about an hour the cake is READY! It is yummy as is, but even better when topped with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. This recipe is super easy and people tend to be impressed.

Does anyone else think of Ice Cream and Cake by the Buckwheat Boys when they think about this treat? Or is it just me? Maybe Twin Falls High School was the only place that played this song on a regular basis... Ice cream and cake and cake!

Love,
Deidre

KEENA PEERY said...

hahaha i love you. 'i love myself and i hate myself. but my diet starts tomorrow.' i love boys will be girls! classic haha. and holy cow, i love cadbury eggs.



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.