Dear Treats,

2.28.2012

I LOVE TREATS!!!! (I love them even more when I am on a "diet"... I use the term diet loosely because my diet consists of calorie counting and not cutting out every food that makes me happy. Pick and choose where I can let a treat in the mix... choose wisely my friends.) But I really do love treats. And I love making them. So sometimes I make them just so have one and give the rest away. Welcome to the life of a woman getting ready for swimsuit on the Miss Idaho stage. Actually welcome to the life of any woman. Why else do you think your girlfriend or wife is so willing to make you cookies and cakes on a regular basis? So this weekend I really wanted a homemade Oreo. So I made a batch. Why does chocolate and cream cheese forsting go so well together? I ate a couple, my mom ate a couple, and I gave the rest away. What other treats should I be craving (or are you craving?) so I can make a batch eat one or two and give the rest to, most likely, you!



HOMEMADE OREO COOKIES

The Cookie Part...
1 Box Devil's Food Cake Mix 
1/2 Cup Solid Shortening (or butter)
2 Eggs

Roll into dime sized balls
Cook for 9 minutes at 350 degrees

The Frosting Part...
8 oz Cream Cheese
1/4 Cup Butter
1 TBSP Vanilla
2 3/4 Cup Powered Sugar

The frosting kind of makes a lot so we always save it
to eat with graham crackers at a later date...

Love,
Deidre
KEENA PEERY said...

Wow I love you. Hahaha that's exactly what my 'diet' is like :) this post is SO me :) make me treats I will LOVE IT!!!!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Dear Deidre,
I love cake and I love ice cream...I want an ice cream cake ppplllleeeaaasssseeee!!!
Love,
Skinny

Anonymous said...

These are so freaking amazing!!! I made them once for a ballroom social at BYU and I was pretty much malled afterward. People kill for these babies!



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.