Dear Pageantry,

2.16.2012

This little gem has been floating around the social media world and I think it holds pretty true in all aspects.


I love being involved in the Miss America Organization. I have been blessed with many opportunities because of pageants and my plattform. I have worked hard for the things I have accomplished and I know that this program has made me a better person. I am more more educated, I stay up to date with world news, I learned the importance of a healthy lifestyle, and I have met some of the most amazing woman America has to offer. The Miss America Organization is about service, scholarship, style, and success. I love competing not because of the crown, but because of the woman I am from competing. And although world peace would be fantastic, I want a lot more than that. I want to help create a safe environment for students in public schools, I want to be a role model to young girls who struggle, and I want to be able to strike up a conversation with anyone anywhere so they understand they have importance. Competing in pageants isn't about me, it is about me making a difference in my community.

Love,
Deidre
Cassidy said...

That's actually hilarious. I love the one of the girl on the beach eating a burger (or whatever that is). Have fun doing your assemblies this weekend!



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.