Dear Dirty Dash,

9.29.2011

I feel like you and I together, along with my girls Cass and Steph, have made the Mud Gods proud. And probably the Fitness Gods as well.


I had taken a working out sabbatical, so this race was the perfect kick off to get my hiney in gear. After a month and a half of pure laziness after the Miss Idaho/Miss Magic Valley health kick (that is right... I stopped working out the day of the pageant and didn't step a foot in the gym or watch what I was eating... I basically was one of the seven deadly sins) my workouts started again on September 1. So this last weekend when I ran in the dirty dash I quickly found out running a race, whether it be 2K, 5K, or 10K, needs a little more than hardly-a-month's prep. Although running uphill for a long time was super tiring, running up a muddy hill in a heard of 100s of piglets made it worth it. Imagine this.


Uphill through the mud, diving through mudpits, coming to a muddy terrain which requires a rope to get out of (which is also muddy and very slippery), jumping over hay bails, jumping over double hay bails, shimmying through muddy tubes, scurrying through crowds of mud monsters, climbing over walls, sliding under walls,


trying to escape from quickmud (like quicksand... but squishy), diving through muddy pools of water, jumping in muddle puddles, go down a huge muddy slip-n-slide, coming to the finish line through a mud lake of fun and adventure.


There you have it. I have never felt so good being dirty. I will return, and next year... I will train a little bit more before.



Love,
Deidre


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.