President Samuelson.

2.10.2009

Yesterday was Student Development class with President Samuelson. I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to hear from such a wonderful man. Some of the things he said I felt like they were direct answers to my questions.

Probably my favorite this he said was some advice he had personally gotten. "You will get a lot of advice in your life, and the best advice I can give you is be yourself."

He gave two things that are important:
Being an example
Who you marry

I enjoyed listening to him.

Oh, and the funniest part. When we were all leaving, we went to shake his hand and someone said, "I thought you were going to give me some dating advice..." and he grabbed my arm and said, "If you need ANY dating advice. Ask this girl right here, she seems to know what she is doing." Ha.

I just got some of the best advice from him. What a marvelous man.
Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

You are so lucky! That is really cool that you get those kind of opportunities! And I love that he told them to ask you for advice! That is such a nice compliment! The Elton John concert sounds awesome- I'm so glad you and Eric could do that together. Way fun! And isn't Noah darling!?! Congratulations Aunt Deidre!



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.