Styled by 5: Honey and Lace

5.26.2016

May snuck up on us over at Styled by 5 which meant the collab came out a little later than normal. But we got it out for you and that is all that really matters, right? After a lot of back and forth we finally landed on an item and a group to partner with - and then had to rush to get it all taken care of. This month we partnered with Honey and Lace to show you a yellow lacelet skirt. I was a little rushed to get this styled because it arrived right before my trip and so I literally had one day to get it taken care of. But here we go - Honey and Lace, coming at ya.


So I will be honest… I cheated a little this time. I knew what everyone else was wearing for their outfits since they all sent in their photos before I could even photograph mine so I made a big effort to style without the white and nudes that I was originally planning. To be honest – my original idea was white or nude top with a chambray and maybe some sneakers, but when everyone else came in with that color scheme I decided to think outside my original box. So I decided to go with the color scheme that was my mother’s wedding and the guest room at our house – blue and yellow. I pulled out my chunky cobalt heels and found a similarly colored top to pair it with. With the skirt having a fuller look I wanted to show a cinches in look and a semi loose top to add some dimension both ways. I kept it simple, mostly because I was in a hurry, but I also thought the contrasting colors added enough detailing.


Top: Pink Blush
Skirt: Honey and Lace
Shoes: Target

Since we are all sharing the same piece on a different body type here is a reminder of my sizing – I am 5’9″ and I generally wear a 10/12 – 10 on a good day, 12 on a not good day… you understand, right? So I ordered this skirt in a large. With the skirt having a stretch waist band and the material being a little stretchy it worked out perfect, I probably could have done a medium if they did not have a large even. But I really love how this waist band fits so I am gkad I went with the large. I love sharing my style with you, but I also want you to see clothing I style in other body types so you can find what is best for you. So feel free to check out how Kaylynn, Bethany, Jacque, and Alexis styled this outfit as well! And watch for a new piece of clothing styled by 5 every month.


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.