Styled by 5: Dolman Days

1.14.2016

It is a new year and I am excited to be bringing Styled by 5 back. It has been fun planning out how to style a specific item to match my style and then seeing how the other women styled it as well. This month we are featuring an Agnes and Dora dolman top. These are the perfect tops for any outfit - and you will see that with how we all styled it so differently.


The weather over here in Idaho has been slightly gloomy so my outfits have been all big sweaters, braids, and booties. I had all these different ideas for outfits as I was getting ready for this shoot - but I ultimately had to go with what has been the basic styling I have been wearing on a daily basis around here. I started with the obvious - the striped dolman top from Agnes and Dora. With the muted colors of the top and the cute floral pocket - I wanted to leave the pocket as the focal point, rather than add in colors somewhere else. So I paired it with a cardigan that matched the cream stripes in the top. To bring in the black accent around the neck I wore my plain black leggings and black booties. I felt by pairing in items that matched colors in the top it helped the floral stand out a little more. And then to keep the casual look I went with a chunk side braid.





Top: Agnes and Dora
Cardigan: NoVae Clothing
Leggings: Gap
Shoes: Francesca's

That is my styling of a the dolman tunic from Agnes and Dora! Since we are all sharing the same piece on a different body type here is a reminder of my sizing – I am 5’9″ and I generally wear a 10/12 – 10 on a good day, 12 on a not good day… you understand, right? So I ordered this top in a large. It fit perfectly and with a cardigan over the top it was the perfect cozy outfit. I love sharing my style with you, but I also want you to see clothing I style in other body types so you can find what is best for you. So feel free to check out how Kaylynn,Bethany, Jacque, and Sarah styled this outfit as well! And watch for a new piece of clothing styled by 5 every month.


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.