Black and White and Bows

1.07.2016

This summer at Elevate I was able to meet the talented and incredibly stylish owner of Cents of Style. It was so fun to meet her in real life, but it has been even more fun to follow her shop now that I know the integrity of the woman behind the shop. If you have never seen her shop I would say check it out, and if you have never heard her story I would suggest you learn about her. Today I am sharing a cute black and white outfit featuring one of her skirts.






Skirts: Cents of Style c/o
Top: Cotton On
Shoes: Cousin Couture
Hair: Laced Hair

This little ensemble I wore for finals night at Miss Idaho's Outstanding Teen. I wanted something that was sophisticated, yet stylish because it was my first official Miss America event as the Miss Idaho Executive Director. So I went with this look - and during the day I was able to pull my hair back, and during the night I was able to dress it up a bit with a hair down and red lips. I started the whole look with the Cents of Style skirt. With my skin being so white combined with the thin pinstripes, I wanted to up the contrast with a black top and black shoes. I decided to do a loose fitting top tucked in and bloused out a bit to add some shape at the skirt band. To add a little flair I went with bow heels. I really loved the simplicity of the outfit while still looking dressed up. What is your favorite type of outfit to wear when you have a long day of events?


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.