Walkout Songs

9.17.2013

It has been a lot of baseball these last weeks. In fact... ever since I met Adam it has been a lot of baseball. Two seasons at BYU, eight trips to out of town games, one professional season, and too many games online watching a tracker or a blurry video to count. Baseball is what our family does. And will always do. But ya know what? I am okay with that. Because it is something I have grown to love through my relationship with Adam. One thing that is very special to baseball is walkout songs. Each player gets to pick their very own song for when they walkout. For pitchers it is a song for them to warm up to when they start. A good solid minute of pumping up to their favorite jam. For position plays it is about 10 seconds every time they walk up to bat. And it is only for the home team. Home field advantage is everything, yeah? So here are some of my favorite walkout songs from the last couple years.

Side A
Getting Jiggy With It - Will Smith
Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
Can't Hold Us - Macklemore ft Ryan Lewis
Closing Time - Semi Sonic
Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
Lovumba - Daddy Yankee
Paradise - Coldplay
Good Feeling - Flo Rida

Side B
Hall of Fame - The Script ft Will.i.am
Anyway You Want It - Journey
Breakin' A Sweat - Skrillex
Run On - Johnny Cash
Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Wanna Be Starting Something - Michael Jackson
Black Betty - Ram Jam
Enter Sandman - Metallica 
Save a Horse - Big & Rich


*I am endorsing that the songs listed above make me want to sing and dance. I do not own the rights to any of these songs.*
Meghan said...

I now have Save a Horse and Radioactive stuck in my head, thanks :)

Alyssa at Southern Abundance said...

Such a fun thing to write about today! Hall of Fame will always be my secret jam



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.