Stay Gold, Autumn || Guest Post

5.23.2013

Today I am so excited to have Miss Autumn here on the blog. I knew her before all the blogging craziness started to happen. I appreciate her for her optimism and her gratitude every single day. She is a hard working and confident woman - and I feel like those are two very important qualities. So let's not wait, get to know Autumn!
1. Where did your blog title come from?
I've always related a little bit to the book The Outsiders, I love Robert Frost, I love fall, and I happen to really love a Get Up Kids song called Stay Gold, Ponyboy. I also loved how punny it was with my name being Autumn.

2. What do you want to be when you grow up?
A teacher. On most days, I still want to be a teacher when I come home.

3. If you could have any superhero power what would it be?
Remove unnecessary worries out of my life!

4. Chocolate of vanilla?
Either, if it is in a cheesecake!

5. What one song describes your life?
I really love the song All About Your Heart by Mindy Gledhill..and also Dream by Priscilla Ahn. Wait, that was totally two!

6. Do you have any special skills?
I teach middle schoolers...and I like them.

7. Favorite pastime with your husband and by yourself?
I'm learning how to play the ukulele right now. My husband and I love trying out different ethnic restaurants and going on road trips- our longest road trip was a month long and we didn't even have a place to live.

8. Biggest accomplishment?
Getting married and staying married. I love being married, but it would be so much easier to be selfish and not have to use good communication skills. Fact.

9. Quote to live by?
"Be sweet." It is what my Dad used to tell me everyday when I left the house. For me, it meant more than "be good." Sometimes being nice is incredibly hard.

10. Any last words?
I met Deidre at BYU through one of my best friends from home. We were working on his BYU Student Association campaign. Fun memories!
---------------------------------------------------------
She is a doll, right? I remember when I met her. I was the campaign manger for my friend James and she was one of the most supportive people - coming almost daily to work in the wind, even when the campaign was... a mess, for lack of a better word. I wasn't a very good campaign manager. She is a wonderful individual and I am honored to call her a friend.

Love,
Deidre
Katelyn said...

Great post!

Autumn @ The Unreal Life said...

YAY for another Autumn joining the blogosphere!

Kyla Ford said...

Fabulous Post. Love getting to know all the blogger ladies better!



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.