Dear Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes,

10.22.2012

That is the longest title for any treat. From here forward I am not calling these treats Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes. I am calling them EPCC [Epic] Cupcakes. And let me tell you this. They are epic and easy. A few ingredients and 2 dozen delicious cupcakes will follow. And at the risk of making your grossed out because everyone hates this word, they are very moist even though it comes from a box. And I only feel the need to mention that because three people said that. First... you get to see a few nice photos of my making these treats because Adam loves to use the fancy camera.


Can't you tell how HAPPY I am to have these delicious goodies? They really were so good.


Ingredients
1 package spice cake mix
1 15 oz.can of pumpkin (I prefer Libby's)
3 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1 container (16 oz.) prepared cream cheese or vanilla frosting

Directions
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Paper-line or grease 24 muffin cups.
BLEND cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water in large mixer bowl until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
BAKE for 18 to 23 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Spread cupcakes with frosting. I empty the frosting container into a bowl and whip it up. It isn't as dense and seems to go a little further.
Decorate with assorted sprinkles, if desired.


See? They look good. Right? And they were INCREDIBLY easy to make. And even better tasting. The party was at 7:30 and I baked them all starting at 6:30. I may or may not have put the cupcakes in the freezer right when they came out of the oven so I would have time to frost them... but either way. 2 dozen cupcakes prepared and ready to eat in an hour. That is what I like to call impressive. Also. I am slightly mad at my friends because they didn't take home the leftovers per my request... so I spent the next week eating cupcakes. I guess I am just putting on my winter coat a little early this year.

Love,
Deidre
meandmr.com said...

Looks yummy!!! I love everything pumpkin :)
-Melanie

Anonymous said...

Is that the frosting bag from our mysterious cake decorating class in the suburbs? Ha.

sherri said...

These look soo good! Thanks for sharing!

sherriamour.blogspot.com

A Muse in Purple said...

You can go in my mouth now, you look perfect for fall...nomers!

Tayler said...

I saw this recipe when you posted it and I'm going to try it today! I'm attending a housewarming party for some friends of mine

Tayler said...

Semisweet or milk chocolate chips?



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.