Dear Movie Monday,

4.16.2012

Well... I did get some good things to share this week, but I spent all yesterday taking care of this kid....


Poor thing, sick as a dog. Throughout the day I would ask him "On a scale of 1-10, 1 being dead and 10 being fantastic, how do you feel?" And his response  was six a couple times, but it was usually three or four... So he ate a lot of saltines and drank a lot of Powerade... and Sprite, against his will because I forced him to stay hydrated and eat something. He will thank me later.

And because I spent my Saturday with Mom and Noah, and my Sunday taking care of the boyfriend... I didn't have time to put all those wonderful clips to music... So in light of recent events, I thought for movie Monday I would share a video that I love and appreciate. I think it has a very important message.


Are we looking through a window which needs cleaning? Are we making judgments when we don’t have all the facts? What do we see when we look at others? What judgments do we make about them?
Said the Savior, “Judge not.” 1 He continued, “Why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?” 2 Or, to paraphrase, why beholdest thou what you think is dirty laundry at your neighbor’s house but considerest not the soiled window in your own house?
None of us is perfect. I know of no one who would profess to be so. And yet for some reason, despite our own imperfections, we have a tendency to point out those of others. We make judgments concerning their actions or inactions. There is really no way we can know the heart, the intentions, or the circumstances of someone who might say or do something we find reason to criticize. Thus the commandment: “Judge not.” 
– President Thomas S. Monson, “Charity Never Faileth

I know I am not perfect, but that is why I love this movie. It is a good reminder...

This is the easy way out of movie Monday, I slackers attempt... but I will keep rolling around with my camera and you can look forward to some personal videos in the future.

Love,
Deidre


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.