Dear Boys,

10.19.2011

Let me teach you a little something. If a girl says "Call me when you get a chance, I have something important I want to talk to you about." Do NOT take a week to talk to her. And when you do talk to her, do NOT just treat it like small talk. And when she asks why she has not heard from you, do NOT say "I have been really busy and just forgot to call you back." And when she asks you if you can talk because there are some things that need to be said, do NOT say "I will call you if I can find some time."

Treat her like a real person. Treat her with the respect she deserves, the respect any human being deserves. In fact. This lesson is not just for boys. It is for girls, it is for men and women, it is for teenagers, it is for adults, it is for EVERYONE. Learn how to treat people with respect. Learn how to be decent to the people around you. We all need to learn how to communicate and be civil to the people around us.

Someone prove me wrong. Please. I would love to be proved wrong at this very moment.

Love,
Deidre


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.