9.26.2010

Dear Daddy,

Happy birthday! You are the best man I know. The smartest man I know. The most wise man I know. The most hard-working man I know. The most honest man I know. You are a forgiving, caring, charitable, and stubborn man too. The most wonderful father I could ever hope for. I know that you mean everything you say and that I can go to you for anything I need. Thank you for teaching me how to be a hard worker, even if you never saw the result of it. I often get complimented on my work ethic, and I can honestly say it is because my Dad made me learn how to work. Thank you for teaching me how to carry myself under pressure and to interview and speak in public. So many times people mention how I seem so cool and collected in a tough spot and I get comments on how well I interview; I know it is because I have a Father that has been in the public eye, serving for so long, and he has taught me to do the same. You and Mom joke a lot about, "All good comes from Mom and all bad comes from Dad." I want you to know, that isn't true. I got my looks from Mom (Except for the Edmunds brow and the abnormally large ribcage... which I am still bothered by. Sorry that everyone says I look like Mom, I know you want credit for that part too. Ha.) and a lot of my talents and skills from Mom, but I got just as many good things from you. I got my drive to work and serve from you. I got my stubborn attitude from you. I got everything that makes up my red personality from you. I got my singing skills from you. I am grateful to have a Father like you. You believe in me every day. No matter where I am or what I am doing. You are always willing to give me a blessing. You are honest with me to help me become better. You trust me. You want the best for me, your little girl. I can't even tell you how much you mean to me, even though we fight a lot... at the end of the day, you are always right. Remember I said that here, because I might NEVER say it again. I know you are always right, no matter how hard I push you on it. I appreciate everything you have done for me. Financially, in the gospel, in the home, and just out of love, I appreciate every single second. You are an amazing man, a great husband, and the best Dad in the whole world. I love you so much. I hope your birthday was the best.

Love,
Your Daughter





Dad said...

I love you, my daughter.



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.