devotional.

11.11.2009

Every Tuesday at 11:00 is devotional. Sometimes I go, sometimes I don't, but when I do go I am reminded why I should be there every single time. This Tuesday was a great example of that. Elder Jon M. Huntsman of the seventy spoke. I went in just to listen and after his first line, I decided I needed to take notes. His devotional was full of advice, good thoughts, and treasures to live by. I will just tell you a few of my favorites.

-----

God did not send us here to fail, believe in yourself... Be a person of integrity.

The line that made me realize I needed to take notes. The part I put in bold was referred to frequently throughout his talk. It was the theme of his talk, and a great reminder to me.

-----

Difficulty is the one excuse history never accepts.

-----

We must remember that without integrity nothing else matters and that with integrity nothing else matters.

-----

Difficulties in life are meant to make us better not bitter.

-----

He talked about priorities and quoted President Hinckley. President Hinckley said out priorities should be as follows:

1- Eternal spouse
2- Eternal children
3- Loyalty to employer
4- commitment to church calling
5- attention to personal fitness and health

-----

"Stay true in the dark and humble in the spotlight" - President Lee

-----

You and the Lord working together, can accomplish anything.

-----

Above all else, believe in yourself.

-----

Okay, so I put a lot of quotes, but that isn't even a quarter of what I wrote down. You can imagine all the great insight he had. I loved this devotional more than any other talk or lesson I have heard lately. Thank you Elder Huntsman for your inspiration.
Unknown said...

i loved the devo this past week also! good stuff!
xoxo



© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.