Styled by 5: Shop & Apparel Varsity V-Neck

9.10.2015

Remember that series I mentioned last month? Well it is time for the next round of Styled by 5. It has been fun planning out how to style a specific item to match my style and then seeing how the other women styled it as well. You will see this month I took it a little different way than the rest of the ladies - a few similarities in style but not in color for the outfit. This month we are featuring Shop & Apparel with a sweater that I fell in love with the moment I saw it on the site.



Okay - before I get going I have a little side note about Shop & Apparel - I met the owner at Alt over the summer and fell in love with her and her shop! She is so spunky and fun - and her shop is the exact same way. I am always looking through the site for fun new items and love seeing how her models are styled in every item. So I couldn't wait to work with her for this series. Now onto the outfit. I was trying to think of a fun way to style this to add is some color - I figured I could wear two brighter colors to make the black and white really stand out on the sweater. Making it a little preppy and a little classic all at the same time. So I went with a polka dot collared shirt in peach to add a little detailing at the top and my vintage styled skirt for the bottom. The sweater fit me a little tighter so I went with a skirt that wasn't for fitting for a little balance on the body. And wah-lah, here is my styling of the Shop & Apparel Varsity V-Neck.










Collared Shirt: Soel
Sweater: Shop & Apparel
Skirt: Agnes and Dora
Shoes: Famous Footwear


I had a lot of fun styling this - it was fun to see all the other women's photos come in and see how we differed. I think I differed the most using a bottom that wasn't black or white, but it was fun! Since we are all sharing the same piece on a different body type here is a reminder of my sizing - I am 5’9″ and I generally wear a 10/12 – 10 on a good day, 12 on a not good day… you understand, right? So I ordered this sweater in a large. It fit very snug and was like a glove with the collared shirt underneath it. However, it worked for the style I was shooting for. I love sharing my style with you, but I also want you to see clothing I style in other body types so you can find what is best for you. So feel free to check out how Kaylynn, Bethany, Jacque, and Sarah styled this outfit as well! And watch for a new piece of clothing styled by 5 every month.


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.