Styled by 5: Shabby Apple Nutcracker Dress

8.13.2015

I am really excited to announce this new collaboration I have joined to all of you! I have talked about my issues with fashion blogging before and I have talked about my insecurities in myself. I am not the typical size two fashion blogger. I am not always skinny and perfect. I don't really fit the mold... but that is why I love fashion blogging. Because no one feels tiny, skinny, perfect, and all of that all of the time. That is why I started doing my weekday wardrobe - to show you the every day. And that is why I keep fashion blogging. To show you a different body type. And that is also why I started Styled by 5. I have teamed up with four other ladies to bring you one piece of clothing styled by 5 different women. Women that look & think differently from one another - hair, religion, location, skin, size, height, style, all of the above. This month we are featuring the Shabby Apple Nutcracker Dress.



So lets get right to it! I was lucky to have received my package from Shabby Apple right before I head to Orlando for Miss America's Outstanding Teen - aka a really great excuse to wear a pretty dress. So I open the box and put it right into my suitcase so I could wear it to finals night of the pageant. Before we headed out I got my mom to snag a few photos of the outfit for me. I decided to go a little more nuetral with makeup and accessories so the simplicity of the dress could really be the focal point. A glitzy necklace and (my favorite) nude strappy heels were perfect accents to make the dress stand out.










Dress: Shabby Apple (similar)
Shoes: Cousin Couture
Necklace: Bluebird Bride
Hair Extensions: Laced Hair Extensions
Lip Color: Stila in Amore

I was really happy with how it all turned out. And I got a few compliments on my styling that evening so I was happy with that too! I guess I should let you all know sizing since this post is all about one piece on different body types. I am 5'9" and I generally wear a 10/12 - 10 on a good day, 12 on a not good day... you understand, right? So I ordered this dress in a 12. It was a little looser fitting that I would have liked, but that also contributed to a comfy night of sitting, standing, moving, and dancing. I love sharing my style with you, but I also want you to see clothing I style in other body types so you can find what is best for you. So feel free to check out how Kaylynn, Bethany, Jacque, and Sarah styled this outfit as well! And watch for a new piece of clothing styled by 5 every month.


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.