Jord Watches

8.27.2015

If you have been seeing my fashion posts for awhile, you have probably noticed I don't accessories a lot. Lots of fashion bloggers will make sure every outfit is decked out with watches, earrings, purses, jewelry, rings... so on and so forth. But when I decided to fashion blog I decided not to pretend to be something other than what I am on a daily basis. I don't wear a lot of different jewelry. I don't swap out my earrings every day based on what color my top is. And there are lots of days that I just put on my wedding band and my watch. So when I find an accessory I love, I want to share it with EVERYONE! And so for the next few weeks I am going to introduce you to a few of my favorite accessories that one I got them, I couldn't stop wearing them... which is saying a lot.

I used to be an iPhone time girl for sure. But as I have made an effort in my life to be more present and less attached to my phone, I have found the need to for a new way to tell time. And looking for clocks isn't always ideal. Actually, looking for clocks is never ideal. So I went on a hunt for my favorite watch. Enter Jord Wood Watches... about four watches in I found the perfect watch for me an I am sold.



My favorite thing about Jord watches is that they are completely modeled for the modern lifestyle I live. The company values sustainability, efficiency, and experiential living. When I was looking through their site they sold me with on sentence, "We make our watches for people who don't just have somewhere to be, they have somewhere to go." That is me. That is me to a tee. My life lately is go, go, go. And I don't live my life to be in one place, I live my life to be going every place.

The best thing about the watch itself is the uniqueness that it offers. It isn't your typical medal and leather watch. It is a completely wood watch - offering details and uniqueness for your own style. The watches themselves are a conversation piece. I cannot tell you how many times I have been asked about my watch because of the unique style it offers. And I absolutely love that about the product itself. In fact, Jord Wood watched were hand-crafted with that exact idea in mind. They are wood timepieces that tell a story so no matter where you are you can start the conversation.





Let me tell you why I selected the watch I wear. I was originally attracted by the face of the watch. I have always selected smaller watch faces, and this time I decided to go big and bold. And then I realized the name matched the feel I wanted - the Sully. It is made from a sandalwood - which can be found around the world and is prized for its fragrance which it can retain for decades after cutting, the oil in sandalwood has been used for centuries in cosmetics, eastern medicine and religious ceremonies. And to make my watch even more unique I went with the red sandalwood which comes from East Africa in Mozambique. The origin of the wood was enough to be unique, but the color is something that ties into my life. If you remember, Adam is in the Arizona Diamondbacks Organization. I always want to sport Diamondbacks colors at events, but I don't always want to wear gear - so I was happy there was a watch that matched his team colors. I picked the watch design to match the bold style of my life and I picked the color to match something that means a lot in my life right now.



At the end of the day, I love Jord for their values, for their design, and for their unique approach at not only watch making but for the way they market life and company. "The value of a watch is not in being able to tell how much time has passed, but in being aware of the need to make that time count. Moments are bigger than minutes and your watch should tell more than time. Start the conversation." And that is why I cannot take my Jord watch off. Their company has officially converted me to a watch wearer and a watch reader. I can wear it when I travel. When I am out running errands. When I am going to a meeting. When I am playing with the pup. I can always wear my Jord watch. They get my always moving lifestyle, and they have built a watch that moves with me.


© Deidre Emme. Design by Fearne and Breezy & Co.